Thursday, June 25, 2009

Charm Square Exchange

This from Brenda J.:

Now making plans for the charm square exchange. It will be 12 people exchanging 5" squares twice a month from 4 different fabrics for 11 months. The fabric must be all cotton - quilt shop quality - washed. All the same fabric in each 12 squares to be exchanged - no duplicates. If they begin the exchange must finish - I will keep records. I'm looking at an afternoon meeting/exchanging time, but can be flexible. Rules will be finalized at the first meeting.

I would like to begin in August and finish in May if we get this going.
I don't want to set a date yet, I just want to know who is interested at this point. If we get more than 12, we'll start another group.

The way it works is: each person chooses 4 different fabric, cuts each fabric into 12- 5" squares, therefore, bringing 48 squares to each meeting. At the end we'll have over 1000 charm square with no duplicates - our goal. Some call this a 'beggars' quilt, since we need to get friends to share fabrics

2 comments:

  1. Received an e-mail from Kathy K:
    This morning I went to the stitchers group and we have 9 people for the 5" charm square group. She wants a total of 12.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to ask to be in until I read the 'washed' part. sorry I don't have enough pre-washed to play this time. Can't wait to see what you come up with though. If you do an un-washed version, let me know, I could mail you several trades at a time and meet you for lunch to pick up my final set. be good cw

    ReplyDelete