Saturday, June 20, 2009

Friendship Quilts


Next Monday is the big week-long sale at Country Store for the guild members. Terry said if you bring your guild membership card you get 25% off all fabric in the store. I just finished up the quilt top made from all my Friendship blocks, so need to run over and find some backing fabric. I was so pleased with all the maple leaf blocks I received from my fellow quild members. What a great group of ladies.

Friendship blocks are given to each member in the order they have joined the Guild. Each member that makes a block is asked to sign it, so it's a good way to remember our friends. The latest member to receive a block is Barbara F. Can hardly wait to see what she makes with this block. It is irregular in shape, and looks complicated but if you carefully follow the pattern shouldn't be too hard. Barbara's quilts are easily recognized because she uses soft, summery colors and her stitching is meticulous. Maybe you can read this scanned copy of her pattern.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the quilt top and get the chance to quilt it for you.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete