Thursday, August 6, 2009

Guild budgets

Hey Barbara, you've brought up a great new topic - fund raising.
We seem to have a healthy budget - that is, until we look at what it costs for anything - such as our poll/racks for hanging quilts at the show. And/or the cost of having a national speaker. Our main money-maker is the Quilt show but that's just every other year. Wonder what other guilds do?
I think the comments about the library are on target. I typically buy books either on impulse at the shop or sometimes on Amazon for a specific project. Once I decided to do a Bargello quilt. Couldn't find a book locally (is this a passed fad?)but found one in the guild library. Checked it out and read it and decided I really didn't want to do it. So that worked out to my advantage.
Got to run. Every month after I finish the newsletter I take it over to Gloria and we proofread it and see if I left anything out or if there are any "glaring" mistakes. There usually are a few minor ones that slip through. It seems a little skimpy this month. A lot of people are out of town. Is it August that makes us sluggish? Or is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment