Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Guild library

I was talking with the librarian for the Guild and she seems a little disappointed that not that many people are interested in checking out books. We have an extensive collection. If you are like me, you only need a book for a little while or maybe only need a chapter or two. It's expensive nowadays to buy these books as they are usually over $20. Of course, we do buy them -- for the latest and neatest techinques and tips and especially inspiration. But the oldies are always goodies! Well, anyway, I can hardly wait to see what she's done with the book she checked out last month. It's a baby quilt and she'll have it on display back in the back at the library table.

2 comments:

  1. Our guild has that problem too. I finally checked a book out last night and I'm glad I didn't buy it. I loved the book and read it from cover to cover, but I don't think it was something I would ever refer back to. We have a lot of magazines too. We also had to cut back on our librarians budget since things at the guild have been a little tight this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't belong to a guild but the gals I quilt with all have a few books and we trade them around, most end up where they came from or get lost at my house (just kidding) I think when one gets a few years of quilting under their belt the lure of books isn't as addictive b/c we are being inspired from peers to work on themes and mysteries etc...

    ReplyDelete